It is known to all that mother’s milk is best for the baby, but sometimes due to some reasons, some babies are deprived of mother’s milk. In this situation, the infant is given formula milk. However, parents may have many questions and dilemmas regarding formula milk. We will talk about formula milk and some of its benefits.
First of all, let us know in the article what is formula milk?
What Is Formula Milk?
Formula milk is given to a baby as a substitute for breast milk. This milk is made by mixing vitamins, sugar, fat, and other nutrients. Formula milk is given when the mother is unable to breastfeed the baby or due to any other reason, the baby is unable to get breast milk.
When it comes to formula milk, the question that comes to the mind of many people is, is it safe for the baby? We are answering this further in this article.
Is It Safe to Give Formula Milk to Baby?
If the baby is unable to breastfeed, formula milk can be given as a safer alternative. However, do talk to your doctor before giving it, so that he can suggest the right formula milk based on your baby’s age and health. Not only this, but it is also necessary to be careful while making it.
Benefits Of Formula Milk
If we talk about the benefits of this milk, then it is beneficial not only for the baby but also for the mother in many ways. Below we are explaining this in detail –
If the mother is busy with some work, then someone from the family or acquaintance can give formula milk to your baby.
- If your baby wakes up in the night, your husband can also feed him. It will help you immensely.
- It takes some time for the baby to digest formula milk, so they feel less hungry. Because of this, there is no need to feed the baby frequently.
- Mothers who give formula milk to their babies will not have to worry about their diet. She can eat anything and there is no fear of deteriorating the health of her child.
- There are many formulae feeds these days that already contain a fair amount of DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid). It is a fatty acid essential for brain development and physical development. Also, some research has revealed that the amount of DHA in most mother’s milk in India is low.
- Apart from formula milk, EBM technology (Expressed breast milk) has also arrived nowadays. In this, lactating mothers can store their milk by pumping it. This milk can be stored in the refrigerator for about 24 hours.
Note: Let us make it clear again that for a baby up to six months, nothing is better than mother’s milk.
Different Types of Formula
Although there are many types of formula milk, here we are telling about some special ones here.
- Cow’s Milk-Based Formula: Cow’s milk is the main component of most formula milk. It is made from the protein of cow’s milk. This is so that it feels like breastmilk to the baby. It also contains lactose and minerals.
- Soy-Based Formula Milk: This formula milk is made from soy protein and does not contain lactose. For babies who have difficulty digesting lactose, soy formula milk may be best. It can be easily digested.
- Lactose-Free Formula: Some babies are allergic to lactose or cannot digest foods containing lactose. In such a situation, doctors recommend giving them c, by Furious Nutritions, is the best lactose-free formula available in the market.
- Hypoallergenic formulas (protein hydrolysate formulas):Formulated for babies who are allergic to milk proteins and allergic reactions to skin rash, shortness of breath, or wheezing. This formula milk is a bit more expensive than others.
- Extensively Hydrolyzed Formula: Another formula milk is a hydrolyzed formula. In this, the protein is broken down into smaller parts, so that it is easier for babies to digest. Doctors recommend this type of formula for babies who have difficulty digesting nutrients or who have allergies.
- Specialized Formulas: Formulated for babies who are premature or have a specific health problem or disorder. It can be given to the baby only after consulting the doctor. It contains about 20% more nutrients than standard formula milk. It is rich in extra protein, energy, carbohydrate, fat. Standard formula milk may not provide enough nutrition for a premature baby.
If you are looking for the best milk formula available in the market, I will suggest you go with Furilac Stage 1, Furilac Stage, and Furilac LBW. These formula milks are produced and marketed by Furious Nutritions, the Top Manufacturers of infant formula in India.