As the child grows up, his body needs more nutrition. A well-balanced diet can meet his nutritional needs. Nevertheless, it sometimes happens that some supplements are taken along with everyday food, such as giving vitamin D to children. Doctors usually prescribe it for this, but it is important to know why supplements are necessary. Furious Nutritions, one of the top manufacturers of infant formula in India provides a wide range of supplements and baby foods for babies.
Does your child need vitamins?
For most infants, breastfeeding or formula milk would have been everything for the first time. As they grow older, their diet gradually includes solid foods one by one. But despite this, some children may require vitamin supplements. These can usually be children who have some health problems or who are born with some disease, whose body is not able to synthesize certain elements well. Premature children commonly have such problems. Also, the mother’s diet plays an important role in the child’s nutrition. So if the mother is a pure vegetarian or on a specific diet that does not get complete nutrition, then your child may need it separately.
They are usually not harmful to toddlers as long as supplements are taken in limited or stated doses. Do not start taking any supplements without the advice of your doctor.
If you breastfeed your baby
Mother’s milk is generally considered the best diet for infants, especially for the newborn. It may contain a lot of nutrition and antibodies, but mother’s milk does not normally contain the required amount of vitamin D and iron. Vitamin D is required for healthy bone growth, while the iron is the main organ of blood and brain development. In such cases, doctors recommend taking vitamin D and iron supplements for children. Even if you increase your intake of foods rich in iron, a supplement will still be needed because children need a lot of iron.
These vitamins are available to the child in the form of tasty syrup. You can give her drops of it or mix it in your milk if she is the milk father from the bottle. Vitamin D is usually a synthesis process through sunlight and sun rays should always be good for your child, it is not necessary. Mothers can opt for Lact M Granules as it helps in providing the best breastfeeding experience. It is the best breast milk enhancer available in the market.
If you give formula milk to your baby
If you have any problem related to breastfeeding and the baby is fed formula milk then the vitamin requirements will be completely different in that case. Most of the formula milk powders found in the market contain plenty of vitamin D and iron along with other ingredients necessary for the child’s body. If the child drinks the amount of formula milk daily, then all these nutrients are well absorbed in his body.
At the same time, when the child gets a little older and he starts taking solid food instead of formula milk, then his daily requirement starts to decrease. In such a case, it would be necessary to check whether the vitamin is at an optimal level. With the intake of both formula milk and solid food, doctors can advise you to start supplements for the baby. If you are looking for the best formula milk for your kids, look no further. Furilac Stage 1, Furilac Stage 2, and Furilac LBW will be quite helpful.
Essential Vitamins for Children :
Some of the vitamins needed for children are given below.
- Vitamin D –It is one of the core supplements that doctors ask to be given to children growing up. Vitamin D and Vitamin D3 are necessary for the better development of baby bones. Although sunlight is easily available for this, children cannot be kept in the sun for a long time. Therefore, the selection of things such as eggs and fish as a source of vitamin D can benefit. If your child has started eating solids, he may be given a little serial. These cereals made from whole grains contain vitamin D in abundance and can help in achieving its daily quota.
- Vitamin A –Another vitamin that plays an important role in the development of the eyes, strengthens immunity and maintains the quality and well-being of the skin. Vitamin A can be easily obtained in various fruits and vegetables as well as dairy products. Vitamin A fortified spreads, carrots, mangoes, green vegetables, and sweet potatoes are excellent sources of vitamin A.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C is one of the most easily found and maintained vitamins in the body. It can be given to children mostly from natural sources because many fruits and vegetables like broccoli, chilies, tomatoes, kiwis, oranges, lemons, etc. have abundant vitamin C.
- Iron – Since mother’s milk does not contain iron, it takes a little effort to get it. It is necessary for a large amount for the development of the child. In this case, any stinging or negligence can cause the child with physical ailments as well as practical problems and may delay his healthy development. Formula-based feeding can help achieve this and in addition, iron is also found in some fortified serials. If your child is premature, they will need iron supplements, even if you are giving them the proper diet.
- DHA –Among many omega-3 fatty acids, DHA is a core fatty acid that works directly on the development of the brain and eye light. If the mother takes foods rich with DHA in her diet, it can be easily transported in the child’s body through breastfeeding. Most baby formula contains DHA. It is found in meat, which is why mothers who are vegetarian or take a vegan diet may need their DHA supplements.
- Fluoride –As the child grows older, when his first tooth comes out, the need for fluoride will begin to be felt on its own. There are supplements of fluoride, but they fade the luster of the teeth. Fluoride-containing water is a better option in that regard. Most of the water available in cities contains fluoride. If you usually use groundwater, your doctor may ask you to take supplements.